THIS IS HOW THE EIGHTH ROUND IS PLAYED IN THE TELIALIGAEN
18:00 Apeks Rebels – Bitfix
18:00 Jotunheimen – 777
18:00 VOID – Infurity
19:00 Metizport – Wizard
All matches will be played on Sunday 16 April.
See the rest of the matches in the schedule list »
Two rounds remain of the regular league game in the Telialigaen and will be completed as early as Monday evening as the two remaining rounds are played right after each other on Sunday and Monday.
The top four seem to be set with two rounds to go, but on both Sunday and Monday there are important top matches on the menu in the battle for top of the table and the opportunity to choose an opponent in the semi-finals during the play-offs in Stavanger.
Sunday’s main course is the showdown between series leader Metizport and Bergen Games’ winners from Wizard. Metizport tops the table with three points on the other teams in the top four, but has one game more to play. With a win on Sunday evening, the results will swing in Metizport’s favor if the Sunnmørs club will be allowed to choose an opponent in Stavanger.
Haris “H4RR3” Hadzic and Metizport are unsure who they will choose if they were to take first place.
– Coming first in the base game is a bonus, but for me it doesn’t mean much, you have to beat all teams anyway. To be completely honest, I don’t even know which of the other three teams I would have chosen. One of them is a mix team, the other is dead, and the last one has got a new IGL and had player changes so it is difficult to know the strength ratios for sure.
Watch the top match between Metizport and Wizard on Sunday at 19:00 on NRK LL35’s Twitch channel »
READ ALSO: – It means an insane amount to the club
– A very easy player to deal with
THESE PLAY FOR METIZPORT
Metizport has also made a change in the line-up during the season, where Eskil “LaX” Bjørnsen has taken a place in the boat.
– Getting Eskil in has meant that we have developed positively as both a team and players. Eskil is very good and a very easy player to deal with, at the same time he is very dedicated and understands the game well.
The season started somewhat slowly for a newly composed Metizport, but apart from the loss to 777 in the 2nd round of the series, has picked up three points in a row. Hadzic says that they expected trouble at the beginning.
– The development has been positive and in the right direction, but that was to be expected at the start since we have players with little experience. Now we are in a way over that problem and the players have experienced a bit of what is needed at a slightly higher level. So the season has gone quite well so far, actually, as expected.
THESE PLAY FOR WIZARD
Earlier this season, Hadzic could talk about a completely different training routine under the wings of Morten “zEVES” Vollan and boasts of Vollan’s ability to tackle the challenges the team faces.
– We all take steps daily and have a healthy environment for development. We are systematically working on bugs and trying to build map pool. At the same time, we have a very good IGL who is good at identifying the areas we are struggling with, and addresses these in training over the next few days.
Metizport is already guaranteed a place in the play-offs before Sunday’s clash and has therefore already planned a training camp in Stavanger before the Telialigaen is decided in the oil city.
– We prepare as usual and have a training camp the week before at Haven in Stavanger. It’s a great place and I recommend several teams to talk to Ruben there regarding training camps and such, concludes Hadzic.
This is how the table looks before the 8th series round.